Saturday, October 9, 2010

Puffed Apple Pancakes

I got this recipe from my neighbor and we've used it a number of times this fall with apples I've got from other people's trees. ;) These are very similiar to the apple pancakes that "Pancake House" in Winnipeg serves. :) YUM!

Puffed Apple Pancakes

6 Eggs
1 1/2 cups Milk
1 cup Flour
3 Tbsp. Sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla
1/4 tsp. Cinnamon
1/2 cup Butter
2 Apples, peeled and cut into pieces
2-3 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
Preheat oven to 400 F. Melt butter in oven in 9x13 pan. Mix eggs to cinnamon in a bowl. Put apples into pan on top of butter. Pour batter over apples and then sprinkle with brown sugar and additional cinnamon (however much you want). Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with syrup.
I'll post a homemade syrup in my next blog post. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment