Thursday, October 28, 2010

White Buns

I had a productive day today, but boy do my legs hurt! I spent alot of time in the kitchen. I baked buns, made Chicken Noodle Soup and homemade noodles for the soup. It feels good getting alot accomplished in one day!

Dough is in bowl to rise:

Rising... ;)


Make dough into buns and place on pan and let rise again...




Baked & ready to eat!! :)




White Buns

4 ½ cups hot Water
1 cup Oil
3 tsp. Salt, heaping
1/3 cup Sugar, rounded
2 Eggs
2 ½ Tbsp. Instant Yeast, rounded
Flour

Mix together water, oil, salt, sugar and eggs. Add 2 cups flour and yeast and mix. Add enough flour (a cup at a time) to make nice dough (so that the dough is not too hard, but not sticky either). Let rise in dough bowl until double in size (about 1 hour). Roll into buns and place on pans. Cover pans with thin plastic and tea towel. Let rise about 1 hour. Bake at 425oF for about 13 minutes or until golden brown.

I'll post the Chicken Noodle Soup and Noodle recipes tomorrow. Too tired now... :)

3 comments:

  1. Do you always make fresh noodles for your soup? My mom and I get together once a year and make enough noodles for our families for the entire year {she hangs them to dry for three days and we are able to store them very well}.. one day of work that lasts 12 months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't always make fresh noodles, but we do like them the best. That is a really good idea. I should do that sometime! You must use alot of eggs then. How many do you do at a time?

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this recipe. thanks for sharing it! i linked to it on my blog today. :)

    ReplyDelete