Friday, October 29, 2010

Homemade Noodles

I made homemade noodles yesterday for the noodle soup. My family prefers these over store-bought noodles. They are a bit of work, but very tasty! I don't have a noodle machine, so I cut them all by hand. Here are some step-by-step pictures...


Roll dough out thinly...

Roll it up, as you would for cinnamon buns...

I slice through the roll, through the center, so the noodles aren't so long...

Use LOTS of flour when cutting the noodles up...
Put noodles into a sieve to shake out extra flour...
Cook and rinse with hot water...

Homemade Noodles
6 Eggs
12 Tbsp. Water
3 tsp. Salt
Flour
Note: Use 2 Tbsp. Water for every egg used.

Mix together all ingredients. Roll out with rolling pin until thin. Roll up as if making cinnamon buns and cut into thin slices with a knife. Boil until tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment