Saturday, October 2, 2010

Cajun Chicken Pasta

I really like this dish. My family is not too crazy about it, but they'll eat it. :) When I first heard about this dish, I thought it was going to be very spicy. But it's not at all, and I don't care for spicy food. If you'd like it to have a bit of spice, I would add more of the Cajun Spice. Also, if you don't like mushrooms, I would suggest you don't even bother with this recipe. ;)






Cajun Chicken Pasta


4 Chicken Breasts, cut into strips
2 tsp. Cajun Seasoning
1 Red Pepper
1 Green Pepper
1 medium Onion
1 tray Sliced Mushrooms
2 cups Cream
1/4 tsp. Basil
1/8 tsp. Pepper
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp. Lemon Pepper
1-2 Tbsp. Cornstarch

Mix chicken with Cajun seasoning, let chicken sit for awhile. Fry until done and set aside. Saute peppers, mushrooms and onions in butter. Add remaining ingredients. Add chicken and serve over your favorite cooked pasta. (I used angel hair pasta)

For me, it could use a bit more flavor yet, so next time I think I'll add a bit of Chicken Soup Base. I like to experiment ;) Enjoy! :)

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm, that does look good. Mom always talks about it. I'll try it. And yes, we will take out the mushrooms and still eat it with out ;-)

    ReplyDelete