Sunday, October 3, 2010

Brownies

I served these brownies yesterday when my sister and brother in-law came for supper. There were a few leftover pieces and they didn't all fit into my container when I put them away to store them, so I had a piece for breakfast. ;) Don't tell me none of you have never done that?? lol

These are also good served with ice cream, if you like...



Brownies

2 cups Flour
2 cups Sugar
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 cup Butter
1 cup Water
1/2 cup Oil
2 Tbsp. Cocoa
2 Eggs, beaten
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 cup Sour Milk (milk with 1.5 Tbsp. Vinegar)
1 tsp. Vanilla

Icing:
1/2 cup Butter
3 Tbsp. Cocoa
Salt, pinch
1 tsp. Vanilla
2 cups Icing Sugar
6 Tbsp. Milk (or less)

Mix flour, sugar and salt in a large bowl. In a pot, put butter, water, oil and cocoa. Bring to a boil. Pour over the flour mixture and mix well. In a seperate bowl, mix eggs, baking soda, sour milk and vanilla. Add this mixture to the rest. Pour into cookie sheet (pampered chef ;)). Bake at 350 for 18 minutes. Mix ingredients for icing and spread on slightly warm cake. Enjoy! :)

5 comments:

  1. I'm with you Christine - nothing wrong with brownies for breakfast!!! This recipe looks the same as the one I make, other than you having 1/2 cup oil and butter, and the one I have is 1/2 cup butter and shortening. I may have to try this next time!! Hey, any recipes for good old fashioned Bubbat? I'm bringing it to a gathering and have only made it a couple of times, and tried different recipes each time, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Carole, I've never made Bubbat before. :) I don't think I've ever even tasted it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is the recipe for Bubbat that I use;
    1/2 cup sugar
    4 cups flour
    8 tep. baking powder
    1 tsp. salt
    2 cups raisins
    4 eggs
    1/2 cup milk
    2 cups cream

    Sift dry ingredients, add raisins and rest of ingredients. Bake in a cake pan for 1 hour in 375F oven.

    When I make them I bake them in muffin tins insetead of a cake pan. My kids like them better that way and the leftovers store better that way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could I please come to your house for meals?? These look yummy and I have been dying to try those breadsticks you make.. YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Lisa!!! I'm going to use your recipe! I've never even thought about muffins tins....you're going to make me look really clever in front of my family......Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete